Flying Pirate Schedule of Events
FRIDAY, April 13th
12:00pm – 7:00pm Jolly Rogers Runners Expo & Packet Pick-up
- Dare County Youth Center
- 602 Mustian Ave. Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- Go to the registration booth at the Expo to sign up!
- There is no race day registration.
SATURDAY, April 14th
7:30am First Flight 5K
8:30am First Flight Fun Run
- Wright Brothers National Memorial located at milepost 7.5 on US Highway 158, Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
9:00am 5k Awards Ceremony
- Overall & Masters 1-2-3 will be recognized. Age Group awards will be announced.
9:00am – 6:00pm Jolly Rogers Pirate Expo & Packet Pick-up
- Dare County Youth Center 602 Mustian Ave., Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- 11:00am – 6:00pm Food for purchase the Jolly Rogers Runners Expo!
SUNDAY, April 15th
7:00am Flying Pirate Half Marathon START
- 5300 The Woods Road, Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
8:30am – 12:30pm Pirates Jamboree Post Race Party!
- Live Music Concert! ~ Food and Beer
- Pirate’s Quay, 3022 S. Croatan Hwy., Nags Head, NC 27959
- Behind Wing’s in Pirate’s Quay Shopping Center
10:00am Flying Pirate Awards Ceremony
- Overall & Masters 1-2-3 will be recognized.
10:30am Age Group Award Announcements
- Costume Contest Awards will be after the Age Group Awards
RACE RESULTS will be available to participants, friends, and family online
SPECTATOR VIEWING SPOTS
All areas provide direct viewing and off-road parking immediately adjacent to the course. It is advisable to stay East (Oceanside) of the course using RT. 158 to follow the runners along the course. Park at these locations and walk to the course:
- 3rd St. and Bay Dr., Kill Devil Hills. All the way to the end of the street.
- Kill Devil Hills Administration Bldg., Town Hall Drive, Near Mile Marker 9 Kill Devil Hills
- Nags Head Wood Visitors Center, 701 Ocean Acres Drive, MP 9.5, Nags Head
LOST & FOUND
All lost and found items, excluding discarded clothing along the course, will be taken to the Volunteer Check In area at the finish line. Discarded clothing along the course will be donated or thrown away.
RACE DAY ROAD CLOSURES
Sunday, April 15
The Flying Pirate Half Marathon will start at 7:00am in Kitty Hawk on Woods Road and finishes behind the YMCA in Nags Head. Limited access is available for anyone needing to get to a location along the course. All roads will re-open as runners progress through each town.
Runners and Walkers will be coming through:
Town of Kitty Hawk: 6:30am—8:05am
Town of Kill Devil Hills: 7:00am—10:10am
Town of Nags Head: 7:25am—12:10pm