Races & Events
Friday, April 13th – 12:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Saturday, April 14th – 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Fun at the Expo!
- Food will be available for purchase Friday & Saturday from our friends at the Outer Banks Brewing Station.
- Get your Beer Band from the Jolly Roger Pirates before you leave the Expo! Ages 21+
- Pacers will be available on Saturday to answer any pace questions you may have about their service.
- Packet Pick-Up and Late Registration
- To participate, register online! There is no race day registration.
- Please be sure to bring your bib number and a valid picture I.D. Each participant must pick up his/her own race bib. You will pick up your event shirt and SWAG (Stuff We All Get).
- Want to pick up for a friend? Bring their bib number, a copy of their driving license and a permission note from them.
- Refunds – Race entry fees are non-refundable.
As a Challenger, you will run the First Flight 5K on Saturday & the Flying Pirate Half Marathon on Sunday. A separate Double Dare Challenge medal will be your badge of honor. That’s three medals total!
THERE ARE LIMITED SPOTS FOR THE DOUBLE DARE CHALLENGE!
Register now online! There is no race day registration.
FIRST FLIGHT 5K – SATURDAY April 14th, 2018
First Flight 5K
- Start time 7:30 AM
- Located at the Wright Brothers Memorial Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- All participants are encouraged to line up by their estimated finish time.
- Runners Etiquette reminder: Walkers and slower runners are asked to stay to the LEFT of the course. Please do not walk abreast. Please ensure that faster runners may pass you. This is for everyone’s safety.
Four (4) corrals will be set up:
- Corral A – Under 25 min
- Corral B – 25 min – 35 min
- Corral C – 35 min – 45 min
- Corral D – Over 45 min & Walkers
By starting in your appropriate corral, we will minimize congestion and improve the quality of your race experience.
FUN RUN – SATURDAY, April 14th, 2018
After the 5K. START is approximately 8:30 AM – Wright Brothers Memorial
- Children under 5 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Bibs and medals are for the first 250 registered.
- All runners are required to register prior to running.
- Only those with bibs will receive the FINISH medal.
- If spots are not filled, registration will be available at the Pirate Expo or at the race site one hour prior to the race.
Parking Available at: First Flight High School, Middle School and Elementary School
Plan a 15 minute walk over to the monument site.
Flying Pirate Jamboree
- Presentation of Awards & Medals
- Delicious Food & Refreshing Beer
- LIVE Music Concert